Banana and butterscotch are two of my favorite flavors. The recipe for this easy, moist cake was on the back cover of a bag of Toll House butterscotch chips. Enjoy!
Banana Butterscotch Cake
- 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 pkg. (18.5 oz) yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup or 2 medium mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375* F
- Grease a 10-cup bundt or tube pan.
- Microwave 1 1/3 cup morsels into a medium bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If the morsels keep some of their shape, microwave an additional 10 to 15-second, stirring just until they are melted.
- In another large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, vegetable oil, water and granulated sugar on low speed until moistened. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir 2 cups of the cake batter into melted morsels and mix.
- Spoon batters into prepared baking pan alternating between plain and butterscotch cake mix.
- Bake 35-45 minutes till a wooden toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Place the remaining morsels in a zip-lock bag and microwave on medium-high for 30 seconds, kneading to smoothly melt the chips. Microwave additional 10 seconds if necessary.
- Snip the corner and drizzle over the cooled cake.