One of the easiest desserts to put together, and it makes a great presentation. Tastes awesome too. It can be assembled a few hours before serving, but no one has complained about leftovers the next day (if we ever have any leftover).
Chocolate Cherry Trifle
- 1 box brownie mix of choice (baked and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 boxes (4-servings each) instant chocolate pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 can (21 oz) Cherry pie filling
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip
- Toffee bits / Skor Candy bar (chopped)
- Set aside brownie pieces to air dry for a few minutes as you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare instant pudding with milk as per directions and put aside for few minutes to set.
- In a medium / large trifle bowl, layer a third of the brownie cubes. Top with 1/3 pudding, 1/3 pie filling, 1/3 cool whip, and sprinkle toffee bits if using. Repeat layers.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour before serving.