Even though this is more of a summer dessert, I love almost anything made with bananas. This another easy and delicious dessert that can be made ahead. Use a pretty trifle bowl and line the vanilla wafers so that they look pretty around the edges.
Creamy Banana Pudding
- 1 box Nilla Wafers
- 2 boxes (4-servings each) vanilla pudding (you can substitute with french vanilla or banana)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed sweetened milk
- 1 tub (16 oz) Cool Whip
- 3-4 bananas (sliced and tossed in 1tsp lemon juice to prevent browning)
- In a large bowl, mix condensed milk and 3 cups milk till combined.
- Beat in the vanilla pudding according to package directions.
- Gently stir in the Cool Whip and mix till it is all incorporated.
- In a 9X13 glass tray, cover the bottom with a layer of Nilla wafers. Top with half the sliced bananas, and half the pudding mixture. Repeat layers (I save the ‘perfect’ ones for the top layer and use the broken and crushed ones for the center, making sure that the damaged edges do not show from the outside).
- Place the remaining wafers on the top and drizzle with melted chocolate or caramel. Chill well for a few hours before serving.