My version of the shrimp platter uses easy homemade cilantro ‘pesto’ with a punch. I buy frozen, cooked, tail-off shrimp at Costco,empty it into a colander, and keep it covered over another bowl in the refrigerator for a day so that it thaws and drains as much as possible. Prepare the shrimp 1 day ahead of serving so that the flavors marinate well. The measurements below are approximates; feel free to adjust to your taste.
‘No-Cook’ Cilantro Shrimp Platter
- 2 lbs cooked and peeled shrimp
- 1 cup cilantro (packed tightly)
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (optional)
1) Make sure that the shrimp is completely thawed and drained. Put into a large bowl with lid.
2)Puree all ingredients for pesto in a small blender jar without adding any water. Adjust taste as necessary, adding more chillies, salt or lemon juice.
3) Mix with shrimp and marinate for a few hours or overnight, mixing again once or twice.
4) Arrange in a platter, skewer, or serve in a bowl with toothpicks.
NOTE: If leftovers (if you have any) are beginning to get limp, saute in a pan with a spoon of oil on high flame till moisture evaporates.