(Makes about 30)
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup fine semolina (sooji)
- 1/2 cup butter (warm) [OR] scant 1/2 cup oil (warm)
- 1 medium onion (chop fine)
- 10 green chillies (chop fine)
- 1 small sprig curry leaves (chop fine)
- 1/4 bunch cilantro (chop)
- salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
1) Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and knead well. Make into 3 piles.
2) Lightly sprinkle each batch with water and form a tight dough. (Do NOT mix the whole batch at once.)
3) Roll into 10 balls and flatten as thin as possible with fingers on wax paper.
4) Deep fry till golden brown. If overcooked, the onions will taste bitter.
5) Drain and cool completely. Store in airtight container.