Served with our Homemade Chipotle-Style Buffet and Tortilla Salad (Lots of Vegetarian Options). This is super easy to put together, and is so colorful on the table.
Corn & Peppers Medley
(Serves 10-12 as salad topper)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 medium red onion (diced fine)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced the same size as the corn kernels)
- 1/2 medium green pepper (diced the same size as the corn kernels) – optional
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers (diced fine)
- 2 (15 oz) cans sweet corn (well drained) – [can use frozen corn – thawed & drain well]
- salt to taste
- Lemon / lime juice to taste
1) Heat a wide, flat-bottom pan on medium high. Add oil.
2) Saute the onions till just turning soft, about 1 minute.
3) Add jalapenos & peppers and saute for another minute.
4) Add corn & salt and saute for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
5) Adjust lime juice and salt to taste and serve.